Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chinese New Year 5K

Chinese New Year 5K
Papago Park
Phoenix, Arizona
Mileage - 3.1
Time - 16:13
Pace - 5:13
Place - 1st Overall

I had another scheduled time trial before the Phoenix marathon to zero in on my pace and leg speed turnover, and this was the only 5K in town. My goal time was 16:30 with an average pace of 5:20 per mile.  I came across the finish line slightly under this as I believe the course was short, possibly only 3.0 miles. My watch actually said 16:08 so there may be some discrepancy there. This 5K felt more like a cross country course than anything. Rolling hills, mixed terrain, ninety-degree turns, you name it.  I'm not going to hold the time to heart, it just felt good to dial in further.

My good friend Yolanda was in town from, well, whatever city she currently resides in. Anyways, she ran a good race and finished second female overall. She was pretty pumped about that! Perhaps the most excited of all was her mom that finished her second race to date and ran faster than the previous 5K back in January. Well done ladies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment