Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Keystone Peak

Keystone Peak Hike
Sierrita Mountains
Sahuarita, Arizona
Mileage - 9
Time - 2:15
AEG - 1,975ft

I went out this morning for a solo hike South of Tucson with the intention of reaching the top of Keystone Peak.  I did just that.  There really wasn't anything special about this mountain range, other than Keystone being one of Arizona's top 100 prominent peaks and I needed to check it off the list.  The route to the top was an old mining road turned into a utility road to access a set of towers at the summit.  That alone eliminated the wilderness experience.  The views on the other hand, were incredible, maybe the best in all of Southern Arizona.  I was also able to get a good look at Baboquivari, Kitt, Coyote, and Atacosa Peaks.  These are some of the last remaining mountains I have to tackle in this corner of the state, and I'm more than excited to do so.  Coyote and Baboquivari Peak look quite rugged and rather impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment