Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Ford Canyon Trail


Mesquite/Ford Canyon Trail Run
White Tank Regional Park
Waddell, Arizona
Mileage - 9.4
Time - 1:36
AEG - 1540ft

Here's a question for all my Phoenix trail running friends; "Why hasn't anyone taken me out to run this trail before?" Nick, Jamil, Michael, this question is aimed in your direction. Seriously, this has to be one of the most exciting routes to run in the entire valley!

I had two choices this morning, go shopping on Black Friday or get out for a run in the mountains. I think the choice was clear, and so glad I did. There's nothing like discovering a new trail this close to home. With the Mesquite Canyon 50K still a few months away, I wanted to start familiarizing myself with the course before race day. If anyone needs a good reason to run 30+miles in early March, this section will make your effort well worth it. No spoiler alert here though, you're going to have to see it for yourself! Sign up for this event and get ready for a few surprises, along with some of the best singletrack in Arizona.

4 comments:

  1. That park is legit... I personally think it's the best regional one in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... ya Ford Canyon rocks. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never been there?! What's wrong with you? :)

    ReplyDelete