Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Windgate Loop - Trail Run

McDowell Sonoran Preserve
N. Scottsdale, Arizona
Mileage - 14.5
Time - 2:14:30
AEG - 2671ft

It's been a while since I have had (what I would consider) a really good run, today was a different story. My legs were firing on all cylinders as I cruised up the hills and ripped the downhills. Summer runs in Phoenix are tough, and even tougher when the monsoon storms roll into the valley bringing high humidity along with them. I lucked out this morning, an overcast sky provided enough relief for me to get in an exceptional multi-hour run on some of my favorite trails in the preserve.

The route looked like this:

Gateway trailhead to Windgate Pass (3.7m) to Dixie Mine trail (6.75m) to Coachwhip (9m) back up to Windgate Pass (10.8m) finishing up at Gateway (14.5m)

No comments:

Post a Comment