Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Marg's Draw Trail Run


Sedona, Arizona
Mileage - 14.07
Time - 2:08
AEG - 2206ft


On Sunday I woke to a perfect morning in Sedona, excited to hit the trails, I left the back entrance of our hotel (adjacent to Marg's Draw trailhead) where I would begin today's run. With no agenda other than taking in the stunning red rock scenery, I worked my way towards Oak Creek on the Huckaby trail. A few miles in, I was feeling pretty good, so rather than turning around here, I decided to press on and create a loop instead of an out and back.

The next section was familiar territory as I ran along the Jim Thompson trail. Soaking in the fresh air and warm sun, I really found a good rhythm after 8 miles or so. At the intersection of Jordon Road, I made a left turn and followed the pavement towards the center of Sedona. Sunday morning seems to be fairly quiet around town making this small section of road less chaotic to travel through. After crossing the new bridge over Oak Creek I headed up Schnebly Hill road and picked up Marg's Draw trail once again.

Sometimes the hardest part of trail running is not necessarily the rocks or roots or hills, it's having to call it quits. I was enjoying myself so much that I added an additional 1.5 - 2 miles onto the end of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment