Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Spring in Arizona is amazing, nearly every day for three months is just about perfect if you're into outdoor activities. My legs were in rough shape after running my last ultra, so I spent the last two weeks resting, relaxing, hanging out, and catching up with a lot of my friends. Within this time I've attended a few spring training games, gone to a couple concerts, rode bicycles around town, and even tried out a new restaurant or two. I guess the silver lining to sore knees is being social again. I cannot wait to hit the trail running though.

Saturday I joined some of my good friends to hike Superstition Peak during the day, this particular trail contians the largest concentration of petroglyphs in the entire state, which were really neat. We had a blast, and the 4000 feet of climbing over 8 miles seemed like a breeze as the group told stories and goofed off during most of the trek.




Later that evening I hiked Camelback mountain here in town with another group, under the light of the "Supermoon." What an experience that was, being able to climb the mountain in the dark without the aid of a flashlight. The big payoff at the summit was definitely the 360 view of the city lights. We also had an unexpected guest show up (the elusive Arizona Ringtail Cat), and crawl out of the rocks to see what the commotion was all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment