Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Phoenix Mountains Park Loop Run 05/30/10


Phoenix Mountains Park
Phoenix, Arizona
Mileage 17.51
Time 2:50
AEG 1579

Over the past two weeks, I've done a great deal of research to find the best pair of trail runners for my upcoming races in June and July. I'm very loyal to Salomon, especially the Speed Cross 2, which is what I am training in currently. After countless hours online reading specs, reviews, and watching tutorials I decided to try a pair of Pearl Izumis. I was excited to test them out. Two miles into my run, they just didn't seem to feel right, so I adjusted the laces a few times and still no good. In fact, they actually started to hurt my feet, so I fast hiked back to my car with my Salomon's waiting for me. I quickly swapped them out and headed back onto the trail to finish my run. Towards the end of today's trek, I felt a little twinge (for lack of a better word) in my IT band, which is not cool. I guess after putting 230 trail miles in during the month of May alone would begin to take it's toll. I returned the Pearl Izumis and went home to order 2 new pairs of Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment